Welcome to our wedding planning checklist part 4. This list will help you with the parts of the planning process that you should aim to complete 1-3 months before your wedding day.
This blog follows part 3 of this series which covers key things that you should aim to complete 4-6 months before your big day.
Clearly this is not an exhaustive list, as there is so much to do. Take a look at my wedding planning service if you require some help in pulling together a more detailed checklist.
1-3 months before
- Send out the wedding invitations
- If applicable, write your vows
- Purchase a wedding gift for your partner
- Book any beauty treatments
- Finalise honeymoon plans
- Update your wedding guest list as RSVPs are returned
- Purchase the guest book
- Arrange the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
- Finalise food and drink with the caterers or venue
- Groom, best man and father of the bride to start writing their speeches
- Chase up any outstanding RSVPs
- Groom to check suits and accessories
- Bride and bridesmaids to have a final dress rehearsal with all accessories
- Confirm final numbers with the caterers or venue
- Have order of service sheets, menus and place cards printed
- Confirm all arrangements with suppliers
- Discuss a shot list with the photographer
- Put together your seating plan
- Create a wedding day schedule and nominate somebody to oversee it
- Check that any outstanding supplier payments have been made
For assistance on key tasks that you should aim to complete 1-3 weeks and the day before your wedding, take a look at my wedding planning checklist part 5.